07 Aug Perfect Backyard Burger
Posted at 14:33h in Recipes and Food
Fire up those grills and make yourself Chef Nicholas’s Perfect Backyard Burger!
- 65/35 ground beef (no less than 70/30)
- Butter toasted brioche buns
- Caramelized onions
- Smoked gouda cheese
- Thick cut bacon
- Special sauce-(I can’t tell you everything….)
- Ground beef has to be no less than 70/30. For family meal at the restaurant, I special order 60/40. Any good butcher can prepare it for you. Honestly, I’m not even sure why they put out 90/10. News flash, burgers are not really good for you no matter what, so enjoy as them a treat, the way its supposed to be.
- Don’t make your burgers to big- 2 oz for a slider or 4 oz for a regular. Its a burger not meatloaf on the grill.
- Butter your buns & toast them before you put the burger on them.
- Use a really good cheese, but for god sakes, don’t use blue cheese.
- Assemble your burgers with the toppings that you’ve made for your guests otherwise they will probably just put ketchup on them. You’re the cook, not them!