12 Jul Killer Fish Taco Recipe
Yield 12 tacos
I don’t miss San Diego very much but I do miss those tacos. Good ones on the East Coast are few and far between so I had to come up with my own recipe. Give it a try, it’s a great summertime treat….
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 Cups Pale Beer
- 2 TBSP Corn Starch
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp sea salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Mix together all ingredients & mix until smooth. Set aside
- 3 cups sour cream
- 2 tsp lime zest
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp chipolte powder
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Salt to taste
- Whisk together all ingredients
- 1.5 lbs fresh cod cut into finger sized strips
- 24 white corn tortilla (don’t go for the flour tortilla. It’s just not the same)
- Wrap in foil & heat in an 350 degree oven until soft & moist.
- 1 head green cabbage cored & fine julienned
- 2 ripe tomatoes concassed
- 2 Jalapenos fine julienned (seeds removed)
- Fresh chopped cilantro
- Pre heat fryer to 350 degrees
- Dip each piece of fish in batter and carefully place in fryer. Don’t overload the fryer. Do this in multiple batches.
- When the fish is golden brown remove & place on a sheet pan with paper towels.
- Season with salt.
- Double layer 2 tortillas per taco
- Spread a Tbsp of Sauce on the tortilla, then add a handful of cabbage.
- Place 2 pieces of cooked cod on top of cabbage
- Garnish with tomato, chopped cilantro & jalapeno